Skip to content

Motor Vehicle Insurance

Students are not permitted to operate motor vehicles during Duke Immerse program-sponsored activities or events. Duke highly discourages students from driving motor vehicles for personal travel while on their study away programs. Students who plan to operate a motor vehicle must be sure to obtain the proper credentials for legally operating a vehicle in the applicable state or foreign country/countries and must obtain liability and collision insurance that will cover them and their vehicle(s) abroad. See the Driving While Abroad section for additional driving-related health and safety information.